The Maine Franchise Owners Association (MFOA) is an independent organization of Franchise Owners in the State of Maine. It is a multi-brand and multi-industry association that is committed to helping franchise owners grow expand and create more jobs for the citizens of Maine.
The mission of MFOA is to:
- Provide ongoing advocacy for the Franchise Owner community in Maine, focusing on State and local legislation that often has an adverse economic impact on franchise and independent business owners.
- Change the climate of franchising in Maine to be fairer and more balanced.
- Promote the value that franchise owners contribute to the State of Maine.
- Identify best practices in franchising and to drive investors in Maine to exemplary franchisors.
- Develop negotiating leverage by building a strong franchise owner constituency.
- Address labor and health issues constructively.
- Address abuses in the courts and legislatures that cannot be handled through negotiation.
- Administer a Political Action Committee to support business friendly legislators.